He Will Hold Me Fast When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast; When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast. I could never keep my hold through life's fearful path; For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.
I currently identify with the well-penned words of Keith Getty in the song "He Will Hold Me Fast", written above. January has been a month full of changes and new things for me. Through it all, I can confidently say that God has held fast onto me, and He continues to supply grace for each day.
Here's a shortlist of some changes that occurred this month:
January 4: I moved into an apartment that I share with another ABWE missionary, Cami, who teaches at the school and is involved in other ministries here in the area. January 8: Cami arrives from the states after being on furlough. January 11: Everything has been shut down over the weekend due to getting a record-breaking 15 inches of snow! We were supposed to start school this day. January 14: We finally start the semester, but it is on Google Classroom and other digital learning platforms. January 20: First in-person school day at ECA of 2021. January 22: I find out that our first-grade class will be getting a new student! January 29: Our city will be under tighter Covid restrictions for the next few weeks.
1. I'm teaching again!
2. Even with Covid restrictions changing/tightening, we are still able to have school in-person.
3. I'm feeling more settled in the apartment.
1. My visa appointment on Feb. 2 (Tuesday).
2. My newest students to feel comfortable at their new school (one that started this semester and one is starting Monday; both families moved to Spain recently but are not missionaries).
3. Wisdom, creativity, and perseverance for all missionaries here as we navigate how Covid-restrictions affect ministry.